Senior Mechanical Engineer for Struers HQ in Ballerup
On behalf of our client – Struers – we are in search of a senior Mechanical Engineer with production experience.
We are looking for an experienced, professional and ambitious colleague, dedicated to ensuring and maintaining the high reliability of Struers’ mechanical parts and assemblies in the maintenance lifecycle of all Struers’ equipment.
This includes working with all phases of the maintenance process from change requests/requirements, development of improved solutions, design reviews, prototyping, verification and documentation to improve quality, design for manufacture and/or unit cost.
About the department
The Engineering department is an experienced and dynamic team who wants to strengthen their consumable products with regards to quality, legal requirements and customer satisfaction. The department consists of 15 employees across Struers’ sites in Denmark and the Czech Republic.
Engineering is responsible for product maintenance of Struers’ entire product portfolio. As such they offer a high degree of influence and you will have the opportunity to be involved in the entire value chain from sourcing, development to production. This means you must be able to prioritize, plan and implement your solutions.
In the role as Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will especially be working with the following key activities:
• Development of customized solutions and updates to equipment in accordance with the machine directive incl. safety assessments, performance level evaluations, compilation of technical file.
• Taking a lead role by coordinating activities in product/process improvement projects. This could be in collaboration with suppliers regarding in-/out-sourcing of sub-assemblies, chairing LEAN events with colleagues or ensuring major equipment design changes are planned and controlled.
• Own and drive improvement projects related to product and/or process optimization in cooperation with project team.
• Liaising with customers and colleagues from service department to identify root causes of problems incl. suggesting solutions to problems and choosing the best one ensuring safety and high quality of all Struers’ products.
• Identifying the best cause of action for handling supplier changes and obsolete components on products in running production. E.g. by finding and selecting new mechanical components based on system and production requirements.
• Create/update detailed mechanical design in SolidWorks.
• Provide support for colleagues from other departments.
• Travel to suppliers and Czech team. Approx. 10-15 days/p.a.
The role is based in the global HQ in Ballerup, and the position will provide you with the opportunity to work closely with Production Supply Chain, QC, Sourcing, R&D and Product Marketing in a highly independent team.
Minimum B.Sc./Eng. in mechanical engineering or equivalent technical experience.
As Senior Mechanical Engineer for Struers our ideal candidate has:
• 5+ years of experience from high-reliability products and design for manufacture.
• Excellent discipline with execution of tasks and follow-up.
• Analytical with ability to calculate and simulate basic mechanical systems like tolerance, force load, vibration and kinematic.
• Understanding of project management principles.
• Knowledge of machinery directive and electrical standards.
• Fluent or proficient in written and spoken English and Danish.
EPICO Search is partner for Struers in this recruitment project.
For application or further information, please contact:
Director Anya Vangsgaard
Phone: +45 53 74 71 80
Junior Recruitment Consultant Olivia Smith
Phone: +45 25 61 06 81
As Struers wants the positions filled as soon as possible we will conduct interviews ongoing.
Welcome to Struers:
Struers is the world’s leading provider of equipment, consumables and services for materialographic surface preparation and analysis of solid materials. With offices and affiliates in 24 countries and a presence in more than 50 countries worldwide. Struers is a well-consolidated growing organization with headquarter located in Ballerup where we develop and produce on site. We have a great working environment and you will be part of a dynamic team. We take pride in delivering high quality solutions coupled with an informal and open working atmosphere.
Struers – Ensuring Certainty!
+45 25 61 06 81
Utwórz CV w 2 minuty i aplikuj na nasze oferty pracyUtwórz CV